Monday, March 13, 2006

My new toy!


Thanks to Kristi C. my children have a new Brother-no, Kristi was not a surrogate and we don't have a new baby but I do have a new sewing/embroidery machine that is so much fun. Here is a picture of my first project (after much practice). It is a pistachio green microfleece blanket backed with chocolate velour. It feels so yummy and this baby's mom is begging for one in her size. The baby is another "Max" (our McCall is often called "Max" too) so we have a real love for this little one! He seems to be happy with his new snuggle and I was so happy to document his birth details for Tara and Ben. It's not perfect but not too bad for my first go and a fun start to this new hobby.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Ooohhh, I am so jealous of your embroidery capabitilites!! That blanket looks so snuggly and I love the colors. Eva's nursery is chocolate and pink. Now I love chocolate brown with just about any other color. Keep us updated on your projects!

Jill said...

It looks like you did an excellent job. I love all the embroidery technology, but fear my skills would be too lacking to dive into that hobby (not to mention money). I hope you document all your projects for future reference (perhaps a smugmug gallery?) and show us too. Good job.

everything pink! said...

Jen!! YEA. way to go. i can't wait to get you set up with some software.