Thursday, March 23, 2006

A few of my favorite things




So, one of the things I have discovered that I enjoy most about reading my friends' blogs is the wealth of sharing of even the tiniest details of each others interests, ideas, families and plain ole cool stuff. So I thought I might take a minute to introduce you to a few of my favorite things of late. So here goes:


1) this great new magazine for multi-tasking, gadget loving, and creat
ive moms called, "Cookie"



2) Aveda's great new product line, "elements", namely the Smoothing Fluid. My hair has become more curly each year and the 80% and above humidity levels of our lovely Lake Erie climate seem to create a frizz that until now has never survived in live captivity. Alas, upon my latest perusal of the intoxicatingly anice scented Aveda store I was given the best piece of hair advice I have ever received, "don't leave your bathroom without this and a flattening iron!"



3) A new home for my digital babies-Picasa --and no, I'm not pitching for Google. I just happened upon this new gem when i started my blog as some of you may have and I have been so impressed with it's interface and simple functionality-to sound not a little geeky! It is a really nice way to organize your millions of photos and it works well for creating unusual collages-especially for blog display (see my posting about creating stationery).

So there area few to mention for today so check them out.

Keep posting your favorite things because I personally get a lot of enjoyment out of it!

3 comments:

everything pink! said...

i subscribed! i am telling you, you tell me about it . i am getting it.
as for the curly hair stuff.. well when you find stuff to make straw curly let me know.
no one will give me a perm!

Jill said...

Hey Jen, thanks for showing us some of your favorite things--I love to read about stuff like that. I've never heard of that magazine before so I will definitely be checking into it.

My hair doesn't have curl, but I should go to the Aveda Store (I also love the intoxicating smell) and see about the fuzzy breakage I have on the sides of my hair--it makes pulling it back out of the question except for at home.

Apparently you're technologically savvy because I loaded Picasa when I started blogging but then never did anything with it. I wondered how you did the pictures for your stationery post--perhaps I gave up too quickly.

michelle said...

I can't wait to go check out that Aveda product! Frizz is my mortal enemy. I have never heard of Picasa, so I'm going to go check it out now... thanks.